Forex MA Cross Price Alert Dashboard MT4 Indicator:
About the Forex MA Cross Price Alert Dashboard MT4 Indicator
Supported types of moving averages
- Linear Weighted
Supported Price types
- Median Price (HL/2)
- Typical (HLC/3)
- Weighted Close (HLCC/4)
Indicator options and settings
Settings for fast moving average
- FastMA = Averaging period of fast moving average.
- FastMAType = Moving average method for the fast moving average.
- Fast_Applyto = Price type used for calculating fast moving average.
Settings for slow moving average
- SlowMA = Averaging Period of slow moving average.
- SlowMAType = Moving average method for slow moving average.
- Slow_Applyto = Price type used for calculating slow moving average.
Alerts and notification options
- PopupAlert = Enable or disable popup alerts.
- EmailAlert = Enable or disable email alerts.
- MobileAlert = Enable or disable push/mobile notifications.
A moving average (MA) is a popular technical analysis trading tool that smooths out price data by creating a constantly updated average price, over a specific time period. Used as a single line by itself, a moving average is often overlaid on price charts to indicate price trends.
A moving average crossover occurs when a faster moving average (a shorter period moving average) crosses a slower moving average (a longer period moving average). In other words, this is when the shorter period moving average line crosses a longer period moving average line. In trading & investing, this meeting point can be used to signal a change in trend or market structure.
Price crossovers occur when the price of an asset close above or below a moving average and are commonly used by traders to identify shifts in momentum, especially in a trending market.
Different traders use moving averages for different reasons. Some use them as their primary analytical tool, while others simply use them as a confidence builder to back up their investment decisions. If you’re using price or moving average crossovers in any part of your trading strategy, you know how critical it is to be alerted as soon as a crossover happens, or to be easily able to scan a range of financial instruments for recent MA crosses!
Copy and paste the file into the MQL4 Indicators folder of the Metatrader 4 trading platform.
You can access this folder from the top menu as follows:
File > Open Data Folder > MQL4 > Indicators (paste here)